The Gluware Config Drift and Audit solution enables organizations to achieve control over their network devices and the “wild west” approach to change management taking place in most networks today.
It provides operations with the ability to “snapshot” a known good configuration and then apply a comparison to determine if any changes have been implemented. If changes (drift) have been detected, line by line differences in the configuration are easily identified.
This becomes very powerful when an organization is able to monitor for configuration changes across all the hundreds or even thousands of multi-vendor devices in their network. If a change is approved, a new “snapshot” can be taken to promote the approved/validated configuration. If a change is not approved, it can be easily mitigated.
• Avoid outages caused by manual mis-configurations in the network
• Proactively detect configuration changes and quickly identify what has changed
• Detect and remediate unauthorized configuration changes across all network devices
• Reduce the risk and security vulnerability caused by out of policy configurations
• Eliminate holes in the network caused by potentially malicious configurations
• Ensure consistency of configurations across the network (QoS policy, ACL policy)
• Provide network-wide configuration audits in minutes with reporting capabilities
• Detect and remediate unauthorized configuration changes across all multi-vendor network devices
• Once verified, “Snapshot” an existing configuration as the default configuration to compare all others against
• Take periodic snapshots and compare any two snapshots, to quickly identify configuration changes
• When configuration drift is detected, the exact lines of configuration that have been changed are quickly identified
• Activity logs to determine all actions – including editable user notes
• Export Configuration Drift results which can be used for compliance reporting.