“Many engineers start their network automation journey with Python and Ansible. Writing scripts or even code is more efficient than Finger Defined Networking, but it doesn’t take long to run into limitations. Scripts and code are painful to maintain, hard to troubleshoot, and need constant updates to keep working. Gluware is the next step in your automation journey. Gluware interfaces with the network devices you use every day, including more than 30 network operating systems. Instead of you spending hundreds of hours working out a CLI command sequence, Gluware has done it already. You don’t need to build a SQL database to store configurations and manage assets. You don’t need to build a report engine or dozens of other basic functions.
Whether you’re starting with a clean slate or grappling with a brownfield network, Gluware gives you quick network automation wins including monitoring and detecting config drifts, upgrading and patching OSs at scale, and enforcing configuration policy.” – Packet Pushers
- Who is Gluware? | Gluware CEO Jeff Gray explains to Greg Ferro of the Packet Pushers who Gluware is and what they do.
- Out-of-the-Box Network Automation with Gluware | Michael Haugh, VP Of Product Marketing at Gluware, joins Greg Ferro of the Packet Pushers for a discussion of building a network automation system on top of a platform instead of DIY.
- Evolving from CLI to Infrastructure as Code (IaC) | Chris Ellerman, VP of Presales + Service Delivery at Gluware, chats with Ethan Banks of the Packet Pushers about Gluware’s multi-vendor network device data modeling, no matter if that device is CLI-only, API-capable, or cloud-native.
- WSP Customer Story: Flexible Automation for a Complex Enterprise | Angelo Rossi, GNS LAN-WAN Architect at WSP joins Drew Conry-Murray of the Packet Pushers to explain how WSP automated their brownfield network with Gluware.
- The Burden of Internal Development: Today’s Scripts and Playbooks are Tomorrow’s Technical Debt | Michael Haugh, VP Of Product Marketing at Gluware, joins Greg Ferro of the Packet Pushers for a discussion of building a network automation system on top of a platform instead of DIY with Python, Ansible, etc.
- Acuity Insurance Customer Story: Automating EVPN-VXLAN Data Center with CI/CD Integration | Michael Haugh, VP Of Product Marketing at Gluware, joins Greg Ferro of the Packet Pushers for a discussion of building a network automation system on top of a platform instead of DIY with Python, Ansible, etc.
- How Gluware Democratizes Network Automation with Terry Slattery, Netcraftsmen | Terry Slattery, CCIE #1026 & Principal Architect at Netcraftsmen (a Gluware partner), describes their uses of Gluware at various customers with Greg Ferro of the Packet Pushers.
- Audience Q&A | Michael Haugh of Gluware joins Greg Ferro + Drew Conry-Murray of the Packet Pushers to discuss several questions that came in during the event. Most of them were technical, nerdy details. If you’re a network engineer, this Q&A is especially for you.
Learn more about the Livestream event here.