The Gluware Config Drift and Audit app enables organizations to achieve control over their network devices and the “wild west” approach to change management taking place in most networks today.
The Config Drift capability provides :
- Take a network wide or specific set of nodes “Snapshot” to establish a known good configuration baseline
- Schedule periodic snapshots of devices to detect change
- Automated comparison to determine if any changes have occurred
- If changes (drift) have been detected, notify and provide line by line comparisons
- Either promote the current snapshot to default or point out needed remediation for the device
The Config Audit capability provides:
- Execute multi-vendor, multi-platform audits
- Easily define company policy, ad-hoc policy and standards based policies
- Define policies that are made up of multiple rules made of up required or forbidden configuration statements
- Native vendor CLI along with RegEx supported for configuration policy
- Manually trigger audits or use the integrated scheduler
- Audits can be run network wide, on a specified set or a filtered group of network nodes
- Details of the audit are presented in the results view and are available as a CSV-detailed download
Config Drift and Audit works hand-in-hand with the network configuration solutions providing the necessary feedback loop to monitor the current network config state and notify users of possible unauthorized changes that may need remediation.