As enterprise networks become more complex, IT teams need to both work faster and have better control of their network resources or they will face a number of downstream risks.
NetOps teams need granular visibility across their entire enterprise to gain critical intelligence to accurately automate business intent with enough reach to orchestrate the entirety of a network – the old, the new and the future. This is critical for achieving the sustained performance and security that can turn IT into a competitive advantage.
Data Explorer offers unparalleled visibility into network data that enables NetOps teams to automate networks based on actionable, data-driven insights to enhance agility, performance and security.
Build Data Driven Insights
The Data Explorer solution is powered by direct access to the underlying databases within the user’s Gluware instance enabling the ability to assess network information faster.
- Access to the data from each Gluware app
- Platform, configuration and operational state data
- Create custom default reports for each app
- Leverage the created report templates from each app once created
Improve Network Security
Create customized templates to generate reports with the data you need to identify security issues and vulnerabilities. Generate reports to:
- View the operating system versions deployed
- See related security advisories issued by the vendor
- See the operational state of ports and ensure the physical network is not vulnerable
- Ensure consistency of configuration parameters like Network Authentication Control (NAC) is enabled on the switch ports
Optimize Network Performance
Sub-optimal performance is often caused by misconfigured or inconsistently configured devices. Data Explorer enables users to report on:
- Verify Port, Layer 2, and Layer 3 configuration consistency
- View Port, Layer 2 and Layer 3 operational state
- Identify incorrect operating system versions or licensing that can impact performance
- Generate scheduled reports to regularly and proactively identify issues
Inventory and Lifecycle Management
Leverage the pre-built reports from the Gluware Knowledge Base to quickly create meaningful reports and customize them to provide the data insight you need for improved lifecycle management including:
- Generate detailed hardware inventory reports
- View a license report to understand what licenses and EULAs are enabled
- Leverage port utilization reports for Layer 2 and Layer 3 ports to improve capacity planning
- Monitor reports for End-of-Life/End-of-Sale to improve device refresh cycle planning