The Gluware Config Drift and Audit solution enables organizations to achieve control over their network devices and the “wild west” approach to change management taking place in most networks today.
It provides network operations with the ability to:
- “Snapshot” a known good configuration
- Take periodic snapshots of devices
- Apply a comparison to determine if any changes have occurred
- If changes (drift) have been detected, provide line by line comparisons
- Either promote the current snapshot to default or point out needed remediations for the device
This becomes very powerful when an organization is able to monitor for configuration changes across all the hundreds or even thousands of multi-vendor devices in their network.
Config Drift works hand-in-hand with the network configuration solutions providing the necessary feedback loop to monitor the current network config state and notify users of possible unauthorized changes that may need remediation.