New in Gluware Control v3.3, the OS Upgrade App provides the ability to automate the painful process of firmware/software updates on your multi-platform, multi-vendor network. This release of Gluware Control also adds an enhanced Device Manager, Scheduler and new vendor extensions including Checkpoint® and Viptela®.
Sacramento, Calif., June 11, 2018 – Gluware announced today the release of the OS Upgrade App on the Gluware Control automation and orchestration platform. The new release includes other significant platform enhancements including new Device Manager and Scheduler to simplify automation and audit tasks. Visit Gluware at Cisco Live in the World of Solutions, booth #2601, Orlando, FL June 11-14.
Enterprise IT organizations are challenged to optimize performance for modern applications while minimizing network downtime that can bring business operations to a halt. Critical network changes often involve vendor, location, and even device specific configurations that make the goal of automation very challenging, and as a result, most network changes are still done manually. Combined with an ever increasing workload, IT teams must also monitor and react to the growing number of security advisories and alerts from each network vendor regarding the software vulnerabilities of their products. These vulnerabilities can cause outages and loss of sensitive data resulting in substantial financial risk and penalties. Until now, the process for upgrading the operating system (firmware/software) has been lengthy, prone to errors, difficult to automate, and different for each vendor – often even different between devices from a single vendor.
The Gluware OS Upgrade solution provides enterprise IT with the ability to automate this complex process including:
- Dynamically optimizing the file transfer to dramatically improve speed or save bandwidth
- Orchestrating the complex installation process
- Managing the storage space required for single or multiple files
- Backing up and restoring the device configuration including complex components like certificates, passwords and agents (if present)
- Integrated scheduling for staging the reboot and initiation of the installation process across devices and the overall network
- Support for 7 vendor operating systems currently, expanding to match the full 18 supported by Gluware Control so far
Check out the new demonstration video and Solution Brief to learn more:
Gluware Control Release v3.3 adds additional platform enhancements including :
- New centralized Device Manager that simplifies the onboarding process of all devices managed by the different Gluware Apps, that also offers a powerful audit capability for tracking a wide range of device specific details
- New Scheduler with integrated notification capabilities that allows IT organizations to strategically execute device configuration (and syncing), configuration drift, and the new OS Upgrade related tasks
- New vendor extensions including Checkpoint® and Viptela®
As enterprise IT struggles to take on new workloads that enable business digitization, Gluware continues to deliver a single platform for rapidly automating their existing “brownfield” network using Config Modeling, and adding powerful Apps like Config Drift for change detection and audit. The addition of the new OS Upgrade solution enables IT to address another one of the most urgent challenges to upgrading their network and limiting security vulnerabilities.
Jeff Gray, CEO and Co-Founder, Gluware, said: “Gluware’s OS upgrade addresses the most important and high volume security vulnerabilities that enterprises face today. With the dramatic rise in hacking, backdoors, and PSIRTs—enterprises must move fast and at scale to address and patch their networks to avert a potential disaster waiting to happen. The old manual way is serial, time consuming and does not meet the needs of enterprises any longer. Because this is such a hard problem to solve, scripting does not work with today’s advanced networking devices and only Gluware’s model-driven automation can deliver this type of patching at scale. We are thrilled that the largest enterprises depend on Gluware to keep their networks safe with Gluware’s OS Upgrade.”
Gluware pioneered the industry’s first network orchestration engine enabling software-defined networking (SDN) from the data center to campus LAN and WAN. Gluware automates network lifecycle management on existing networks, allowing companies to roll-out a robust suite of advanced network and security features while reducing manual deployment and support costs. Gluware currently powers mission-critical networks of blue-chip enterprises and managed service providers. More info: www.gluware.com Follow us on Twitter at: @gluwareinc
@gluwareinc releases industry first network app to intelligently automate multi-vendor OS Upgrade addressing device security vulnerabilities #SDN #Orchestration #Automation #CLUS